No doubt, installing a metal roof is a big investment for any homeowner. But in the end, you will get more out of it in the long run than if you were to install a cheaper asphalt shingle roof. That’s because metal roofs in Avon offer the best dollar-for-dollar value. Why? They last up to 50, 75 or more years with the proper care, boasting strong warranties, and offering untold benefits for home and business owners.
Sure, you may be intimidated by the high initial cost of installing a metal vs. an asphalt shingle roof. But don’t stop there. Keep going and consider all the other factors that play into the choice. How much money your roof will save you over the long haul: this is what you should be focusing on.
If you have to replace or repair a cheaper roof often, you’ll cancel out any installation savings you may have enjoyed in the beginning. Metal roofs are not only higher in quality, they are backed by reputable warranties and manufacturers, leading to reliable performance over many years. Heck, you can even get a discount on your home insurance for installing a metal roof.
Other factors to think about when deciding on dollar for dollar value are costs such as annual cleaning and maintenance, energy efficiency, comfort, curb appeal, and overall protection.
How to Optimize the Value of Your Metal Roof
How do you know the best value for your roofing dollar? Get the most bang for your buck with these benefits behind you:
- 1. Better Performance: Metal roofs are “cool roofs,” meaning they’re a lot more energy-efficient than other types. You can save cash on utility bills while keeping your home cool thanks to the re-emittance of absorbed solar radiation.
- 2. More Durable Material: Climate extremes result in premature rooftop wear and tear, leading to a shortened lifespan for asphalt or shingle roofs. Metal is better suited to repel ice, snow, hail and wind. You can’t deny the strength and durability of metal in regards to weather protection. This material outperforms other types, preventing leaks that could pose a lot of expensive damage.
- 3. Long-Term ROI: Did you know metal roofs last up to five times longer than other roofing materials? As such, you get a far better return on your financial investment. If you spend a bit more now, and your metal roof lasts 75 years, you’re making out on the deal. Metal also resists moss and fungus growth, with cleaning as easy as using a garden hose.
- 4. Lower Environmental Costs: Metal roofs reduce impacts to the environment. Lower your energy use, reduce the need for replacement, and prevent waste for better sustainability. You can’t go wrong here, as metal roofs are 100% recyclable.
- 5. Better Resale Value: Even with no plans to sell your home soon, a metal roof will increase your property value. Metal won’t rust, it comes in a variety of colors and styles, and it’s strong yet lighter in weight than tile and slate. Installing a metal roof is less expensive than the need to use other heavy materials and install reinforced roof supports.
More Information on Metal Roofs in the South Shore
Not only does metal lasts much longer than asphalt, it delivers a better ROI, which is something you can’t ignore as a home or business owner. Contact us to schedule a Free Consulation for your next metal roof in Hanover at 781-536-4589. Searving Eastern Massachusetts
We serve the entire South Shore and lower Cape with quality metal roofing products; standing seam, metal shingle and metal panel roofs in Hanson, Taunton, Marshfield, Quincy, Needham, Medfield, Milton, Halifax, Hanover, Falmouth and Plymouth.
Paul is a great guy. He replaced the roof over our sunroom and replaced the skylights. He and his crew were very professional and took great care not to damage any of our plants.