After you’ve decided to install a metal roof on your Bourne home, you may think the hard part is over. But think again: now it’s time to consider which color roof you will choose to complement your siding. Metal roofs don’t have to be boring gray. There are actually many colors you can choose from.
If you need help, your Marshfield roofer can assist you in the process. But in the meantime, here are some tips to making the best decision for you.
Tips to Narrow Down Your Choice of the Best Color Combinations
It can be daunting to settle on the right color combo, so the key is to take it step by step. Here are some guidelines to keep in mind.
- Use an online visualizer: There are many websites where you can upload a photo of your home to see what each color would look like on it. Some even pair metal roofing colors with siding colors so you can come up with the most complementary color combination. This way, you can visualize what your home would look like without making a commitment.
- Compare light and dark: Begin with the basics: light or dark-colored roof? Keep in mind that light colors reflect the sun’s heat better than dark colors. Light colors also make your house look taller than it is, which is great if you have a low roof or shallow pitch. Dark colors have the opposite effect, reducing the effect of a tall roof or high slope.
- Consider your goals: Think about whether you wish for your home to blend in or stand out from the rest of the neighborhood. Looking to make a statement? Go with a bright or contrasting color to spark more visual interest. Dark colors help your home stand out, but neutral colors tend to make your home blend in with the surroundings.
- Complement the color of your house: The color of your roof should complement the siding color of your house. Compare the metal roof color with your siding, stucco, or brick features to determine which combos go best with one another. Don’t forget to consider the color of your trim, windows, and doors as well. Inspect the color of your roof outside at various times of the day. That’s because colors look different with different lighting conditions. You want a roof color that complements your exterior features while creating a balanced and uniform look. The ideal color should provide just enough of a contrast to look interesting, yet not out of place.
- Consider your environment: Think about the surrounding buildings and the environment of your neighborhood. For example, if your house is located in a forest or mountain location, choose complementary colors such as slate, green, dark bronze, and rust.
South Shore Metal Roofing
Need more help deciding which color metal roof to choose to complement your siding color? Just contact our Marshfield roofers at 781-536-4589 for a free quote and consultation.
Great service. Installed when they said they would. Cleaned up site and roof looks great. Curt G.