All metal roofs need regular maintenance to ensure they have the longest life span possible and deliver all the protective benefits they were designed to do. With regular metal roof maintenance, you can:
- Prevent expensive issues: Leaks, scratches, dents, and corrosion are all costly problems that can result in unexpected repairs that hit your bottom line hard. A roofer in Hanson MA can provide an annual inspection that will identify small issues before they become bigger, more costly repairs.
- Extend your roof's lifespan: Metal roofs can last up to 75 years or more with the proper care, but if you don’t engage in regular maintenance, you could be faced with a roof replacement far sooner than you expected to.
- Enhance your roof's appearance: A well-maintained roof looks good, and makes the rest of your house look good. This not only allows you to boost your curb appeal but increase your property value at the same time.
What Maintenance is Required in Massachusetts?
You should inspect and clean your metal roof once a year. It’s best to hire a roofing professional in Marshfield MA to handle this. In the meantime, here are some good metal roof maintenance tips for you to follow:
- Clean off the panels: Don’t power wash your metal roof. Instead, wash the panels with dish soap and a bucket of warm water. Use a microfiber cloth and wipe the metal panels gently. Rinse the soap off with a simple garden hose. Avoid walking on your metal roof to prevent damage. This is why a professional is a good idea.
- Brush snow and ice off your roof: After a storm, sweep the snow off your roof with a long-handled brush or broom. Don’t use metal tools like shovels that can scrape the protective coating.
- Clean out the gutters and drains: Clean your gutters of leaves, sticks and other debris that can get clogged. Excess moisture may rust metal roofing and attract pests. It’s dangerous to get up on a ladder to do this, so hire a professional for the utmost in safety.
- Remove debris from hard to reach areas: Remove leaves and branches that are stuck in the valleys of your metal roof panels. During a professional cleaning and inspection, your roofer can remove this debris so it doesn’t scratch the finish.
- Trim branches: Overhanging tree limbs can scratch your metal roof and leave it vulnerable to damage. Trim back those branches to keep damage at bay and prevent the intrusion of pests onto your home.
- Check for damage: Check your metal roof every so often for scratches, scuffs, fading, flaking or denting.
- Fix loose or separated panel seams: If you notice loose seams connecting the panels, have a roofer in Hanson MA look at it. This is because moisture can leak between those gaps and enter your home.
- Fix damaged flashing materials: Broken or missing flashing can invite water and debris into your home. If the flashing needs an adjustment, a roofer can address this.
- Inspect penetration point areas: The areas around solar panels, chimneys, air vents and skylights can become degraded thanks to UV sunlight exposure and weather.
Contact Revered Roofing in the South Shore
To schedule your metal roofing inspection or repair, contact our roofers in Hanson at 781-536-4589. Get Free Quote for South Shore and Eastern Massachusetts
We serve the entire South Shore and lower Cape with quality metal roofing products; standing seam, metal shingle and metal panel roofs in Norwell, Weymouth, Duxbury, Quincy, Needham, Millis, Milton, Halifax, Hanover, Borne and Plymouth.
Paul was easy going and a pleasure to deal with. No pressure. Crew got started late but the metal roof with new sky lights over our sun room was done in a day! Quality work. I recommend Revered Metal Roofing.