You know the importance of getting quotes from multiple South Shore roofers, but did you know you can save yourself a lot of time by pre-screening many of them over the phone? You really only need three in-person quotes to get a wide range of prices and services. But you may want to pre-screen a lot more than that to narrow down the field.
It’s important to make sure you hire the right roofer for the job, and that takes quite a bit of research on your part. We’ve made it easy by showing you these steps to take.
Determine the Roofer’s Credibility
Before you even ask about price, you have to ensure the roofer you’re talking to is credible and reputable. Here are a few questions to ask:
- What’s your legal business name?
- What is your address?
- Are you licensed and insured?
- How long have you been in business?
Vague or unclear answers should have you going to the next name on the list.
Find Ethical Massachusetts Roofers
While many roofers are credible because they have all the necessary documentation and experience, this doesn’t always mean they are ethical. You must choose a roofer who always puts your best interests at heart and acts professional at all times.
Ask these questions to determine their ethics.
- Can you just leave the roof estimate in my mailbox? They should refuse, saying they need to ask you questions and show you the materials you would have to choose from. They may ask to inspect your attic, too, which is what a reputable, thorough roofer would do.
- What is your price per square foot? There is no across the board answer, as many things factors into price, such as current market price, roof age, pitch of roof, condition of decking, number of existing layers, and any known issues.
- Can you do a layover rather than a full roof replacement? A layover is when roofers nail new shingles right over your existing shingles without taking them off first. This can harm your roof’s health because it can cover up existing issues. They may assure you that you will save money doing it this way, but this is usually always a bad idea.
- Do the roofers have to come inside my house? The answer should be yes, even though you may not immediately understand why they should have to. They need to access your home to give an accurate estimate. They will be able to inspect the attic, especially if they have noticed signs of water damage on the roof outside. It won’t add to the overall cost—it’s just a part of the inspection and estimate process.
Choosing a professional to replace your roof is an important process to go through. Failing to prescreen roofers over the phone first can result in a poor decision that will cause more headaches down the line.
Contact Revered Roofing in the South Shore
Our South Shore MA roofers, conveniently located in Hanson, would be happy to speak with you over the phone and book your free inspection for roof replacement and repair. Get a Free Quotewhen you call us at 781-536-4589.
I found Revered Metal Roofing to be the best out there. I had my metal roof installed and it looked and performed beautifully. I am very happy with Revered Metal Roofing and will send them my friends, family and colleagues. They do excellent work!